12-03-2019, 09:39 AM
(11-03-2019, 07:03 PM)NG3 Wrote:(11-03-2019, 06:39 PM)Alf Wrote:(09-03-2019, 07:49 PM)NG3 Wrote:(09-03-2019, 07:39 PM)Alf Wrote: Chuffed to bits for him & us today, but at 13m he should be doing the same week in, week out.
I'm pleased with the way he's taken it & is now responding, by his own admission he was struggling (Martin's just talked about this to the press), he was taken out of the firing line (pre-Martin), they've worked hard on him, he is responding & to keep him grounded Martin pointed out there's a lot more to do & to come.
I won't gloat, but that is what I've been saying for 2 months to counter the "the dinosaurs to stupid to see it & hates skilful players" nonsense.
Mind you it took some until February to catch on that Grabban has had an Achilles problem.
To many listen to idiot conspiracy theories & not enough listen to facts.
That's why some think Martin's a negative dinosaur, just because "Barry from Lenton" said so on Twitter.
Amen.
He's a super talented player, but hasn't been anywhere near ready for the more crunch games yet. He was one of the worst players on the pitch against Leeds, and in a few games I've seen him start OK, get an early kicking, then disappear.
If anyone can get the best from him though MON can. I used to be a big fan of Raddy & McGugan, but both needed dropping now & then for various reasons. If MON has to do that with Carva to get the best from him so be it.
Brian Clough & Trevor Francis
& I can give you another 672,496 examples of this common managerial tactic if you don't like that one
No one gets a free pass, not even the 'elite', you under-perform, you'll find yourself on the training ground having to win your place back
The best part of all this to me, though, is that the lad is fighting back
Where were the likes of Zach Clough or Apostolos Vellios when they found it hard?
Joao Carvalho has passed his first test & I'm sure Martin & Roy will stay on the case
Edit; worth noting Carvalho is Portuguese for Oak & oaks come from Sherwood Forest, so he's probably half Notts on his mum's side, or something. I'll have to track his mum down & ask her.
