12-02-2020, 10:42 AM
(12-02-2020, 10:31 AM)pennhillred Wrote: Was angry / deflated / stunned by the team selection & performance last night. Thought I’d sleep on it & hopefully feel better about it today.
I don’t.
- I love Sabri, but that team he put out last night & the subs he made were inexcusable.
- No one played well but Diakhaby, Bong & Jenkinson were especially abysmal.
- So many changes last night was utter lunacy. We’ve done this before & it hasn’t worked. What was he thinking dropping Cash & Ribeiro as well like it was a cup game or friendly??? They all looked like a bunch of strangers last night. Not acceptable when the chance of top 2 was in our hands.
- The January transfer window looked suspect at the time. We all knew we needed solid back up at least incase of injuries. Well we’ve seen what the back up is like & it’s not good enough for a team chasing promotion. It’s not as if they didn’t have enough time to see what we needed.
- It was only one game, but we’re getting towards the run in & last night could have cost us more than just 3 points.
- If last night was the lesson Sabri needed to never pull that stunt again, I’ll take it.
I’m being over-dramatic, but that’s how much I think last night has cost us.
Saturday’s momentum has gone. He’s got to build them up again. I can only imagine the dressing room atmosphere last night…
A loss or a point on Sat will make last night even worse. But despite last night, I do think Sabri will do what's needed to pick them up & as always, COME ON YOU REDS!!!
Good post
I was a little concerned with the lack of responsibility- we seem to not like to play a pass into a midfielder if he has less than 5yrds free space. The CB and Watson dropping back didnt seem to want to play into feet in the centre rather looking into channels or to the full backs- whether not trusting teammates or there being nothing on. I actually thought Silva and Yates did ok but there was never any movement or willingness to recieve the ball which meant offensively we were stunted.
I'd like to see Walker want it more- the ball, to chase the defender. He had some good touches but isolated himself by seemingly not being desperate to get into positions to receive the ball.
The full backs- less said. How poor were both? Jenkinson was pedestrian, didnt look to close the wingers quickly enough. Bong looked like he hadn't played in a while and seemed not to know Forest play in Red.
Diakahby looks a confidence player without confidence- we can't afford to nuture him at the mo. He may come good but i think cameo appearances off the bench when a team is tiring should be his lot.
I think our defensive organisation has meant the freedom for offensive fluidity is lacking
